Thursday, October 7, 2010

First lessons in Birmingham

Today was the day when reality hit me hard. My first lecture on River and Environments was much more difficult than imagined. And for assessment, I would have to write a 3000 word essay, with at least 30 references!! That's really a lot of references man. Sadly, readings were as aplenty too and a quick count reveals an average of 10 highly recommended readings out of a list of recommened readings. Damn! And the module would require equations which is as foreign to me now as my neighbour's chicken rice. I had much trouble locating the readings on the school's elibrary page too due to its poor connection and reliability. Well, I shall just take readings I cannot find as inexistent then, in order to lighten my reading load.

After school, walked around the school's futsal courts with Alan and was happy to watch a bunch of ang mohs playing football. The team in black was completely outplaying the white team, and the amount of running they do without the ball is admirable. That is one thing I think I can never do. HAHA! Oh man, I cannot wait for the futsal session I signed up for next week!

PROJECT CHILLED TEH SI was also carried out again but we realised it should be renamed as PROJECT CHILLED TEH SI TARIK as the pouring of the teh si into the bottle makes it teh si tarik. PROJECT CHILLED MILO shall begin tomorrow when the milk is predicted to be finished. Tomorrow is going to be another long day for me, starting with my lecture at 9:00 A.M. and ending with a free dinner at some local church that always gives out flyers for free dinners and meet-the-locals-sessions. It just gets worse man. Well, at least I'll get to meet my old travelling mates from Bristol, Nottingham and Southampton soon. WOOHOO~

Time to email the Prof. regarding possible alternative assessment. SIAN!!




Astro Turf Outdoor Futsal court in University of Birmingham


Egg Fried Rice with tomato, BBQ and mayo sauce


Watercrest Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment