Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Last day below actual lessons starts

The time has come for my actual lessons to start tomorrow at 10:00 A.M. and I'm having pre-school jitters, like a little kid afraid of going into a classroom full of people you don't know. And being an obviously odd one out at that. Most of all, I'm afraid there would be news of practical, tutorial sessions that would spoil my 3-day week, as well as unwelcome news regarding assessment. Damn! Please let there be no more bad news regarding modules, since I'm already unable to map a breadth, meaning that I'm already doing an extra geog module!

Woke up at 12:00 P.M. today to Alan's call telling me to meet him for lunch outside home. Good thing he called or I will just keep sleeping till God knows when. After lunch, we embarked on our greatest project so far. PROJECT CHILLED TEH SI!!! Basically, we made many cups of teh si and poured them into an empty 2 litre coke bottle. At one point of time, I was shuttling between 3 cups of Teh Si, feeling like a total pro in a Singaporean prata shop. The end result was well-worth the effort. Next time round, it would be easier too after we bought a 1 litre multi-purpose plastic flask. WOOHOO~ PROJECT CHILLED MILO shall commence once we finish our bottle of milk.

For dinner, it was egg-fried rice and ABC soup. The ABC soup was not bad as we finally found pork ribs for our soup. However, the pre-packed vegetables were not as shiok as the fresh ones that we used for previous soups. The egg-fried rice was quite okay but the rice was clumpy as we didn't cool it before frying. Something we learnt only after frying it. And we didn't really have much clue how to go about it. However, we shall perfect it tomorrow as we now possess the recipe from Google, and have prepared refrigerated rice.

May my future posts have more other than ramblings on food. Alan says I sound more and more like a chef while describing how to cook in the kitchen. Maybe I should consider it as an alternative to teaching. OK, good night all who reads this. I got to sleep for my 10:00 A.M. lesson tomorrow!

Remains of PROJECT CHILLED TEH SI after one day

Clumpy Fried Rice (please don't judge)

Refrigerated rice in preparation for perfect egg fried rice

Not so secret recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment